S.G.P.C.- CAMBRIDGE SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Cambridge, U.K. offers about 1500 study scholarships to the students of Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are granted on the basis of academic merit and are for those who fulfill admission norms and standards of University of Cambridge. These scholarships are routed through Cambridge Commonwealth Trust (CCT) which deals exclusively with grant of scholarships on academic merit.
- Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee, Amritsar has recently signed an MOU with University of Cambridge, U.K. to provide Joint Financial Support leading to research degrees of M.Phil. and Ph.D. for the meritorious Sikh students who wish to pursue Higher Studies in University of Cambridge.
The scholarship carries an amount of approximately 25000 Pounds per annum for each scholar who will be admitted in any research degree course to University of Cambridge. The amount of scholarship will be shared equally (50:50) by S.G.P.C. and University of Cambridge through CCT.
- A separate application will have to be filed for admission in any course of the choice and for availing SGPC-Cambridge Scholarships. The application for scholarship will have to be filed with Cambridge Commonwealth Trust, UK & Directorate of Education, SGPC, # 6, Kalgidhar Niwas, Sector 27-B, Chandigarh which offer funding to the students who are likely to gain the admission to the university in normal way.
- The applicants/students are advised to complete the process of admission in the course of their choice according to the guidelines given by Directorate of Education, SGPC/University of Cambridge, UK. They will be eligible for the SGPC-Cambridge Scholarships only after receiving provisional consent of admission in the chosen course from the University of Cambridge. Meanwhile the students can file a separate application for grant of scholarship as per the norms and guidelines of Directorate of Education, SGPC and CCT.
- The students are informed that the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust, UK or Directorate of Education, SGPC cannot admit applicants to the University of Cambridge. The applicants are required to meet the normsand standards for admission to various courses of University of Cambridge. The funding of courses through SGPC-Cambridge scholarships comes into the picture only after the applications are accepted and provisional admission is assured.
SGPC & WAIKATO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (WINTEC) NEWZEALAND-JOINT ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
In spirit of international understanding and goodwill, SGPC, Sri Amritsar and WINTEC, New Zealand decided to setup a constructive framework for education and research cooperation for the mutual benefit of the meritorious students of SGPC institutions and both the organizations. The two organizations have agreed to promote mutually beneficial activities in the areas of education and to work together towards the globalization of higher education. For this purpose. The SGPC and WINTEC signed an MOU on 23rd June 2011 at Hamilton, New Zealand in recognition of the common academic interest. As per this MOU there would be joint programme delivery in four of the WINTEC programmes in the field of engineering, business studies and information technology. The students and faculty members of SGPC educational institutions would also be benefitted by teacher exchange programme and short term student exchange programme. The joint academic programmes covered are:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil) - 2 years in India + 2 Years in New Zealand.
- Bachelor of Business Studies- 2 years in India + 2 years in New Zealand
- Graduate Diploma in Business Studies - 1 year Diploma in New Zealand
- Graduate Diploma in information Technology - 1 year Diploma in New Zealand.